A Certain Multilevel Overpass is located in School District 7 of Academy City. As the name indicates, it is an overpass that has several floors on it, though some are used for uses other than roads. It is the site where climax of the main story of the Ichihanaran Festival Arc occurs, where several battles take place on the overpass damaging parts of it.
Twelve boarding areas for a large scale bus roundabout were all connected by the overpass. From the distance, it looks like an entire sports field created out of concrete. The top level, which could be called the "third floor", was made into a giant road, while the underground area was filled with a complicated array of underground pathways that doubled as a shopping area, similar to the School District 7 Underground Shopping Center. Due to the overpass' structure, one can jump from the road up top, as what Touma did, who despite being injured previously is unharmed after his jump.
Due to its complex properties, it is commonly used in escape scenes for police dramas.
During the Ichihanaransai, for efficiency's sake, the roundabout is abandoned as so that people could head to the different schools more efficiently, the routes had been specially changed to go directly from school to school.
List of known floorsEdit
- Top Level: The site of Misaka Mikoto and Thor's fight against Brunhild Eiktobel and Silvia respectively.
- Second Level: An attempt to landscape the floor was made, as such plants grow on the floor, and can look like a sports field. The floor is the site of Kamijou Touma and Leivinia Birdway's battle.
- Bottom Level: It is underground, and has several passageways. It is the site of Accelerator and Mugino Shizuri's battle against the revived Kakine Teitoku. It was apparently also one of the sites that Accelerator fought the Sisters during the Level 6 Shift.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 06 Chapter 1 Part 2
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 06 Chapter 1 Part 4