This ability requires huge amounts of calculation, due to the fact that it takes into account even the invisible and inaudible forces. Accelerator's original calculation and analytical ability was said to be so great that the MISAKA network (composed of roughly 10,000 Level 3 espers) isn't enough to compensate for even half of it.
- Redirection (反射 hansha?, lit. "Reflection") is the Accelerator's automatic defense power. It is done subconsciously by filtering all the necessary forces to survive and redirecting everything else. It is said to even be able to reflect teleportation vectors in the 11th dimension, though a strange phenomenon would occur in the 3-dimensional world. As of Volume 15, Accelerator's vector shield algorithm was updated into that of a new world that includes Dark Matter.
- Vector Control (ベクトル制御 bekutoru seigyo?, lit. "Vector Control") is the offensive aspect of Accelerator's ability to manipulate vectors. It has an infinite amount of uses, due to the fact that Accelerator consciously manipulates not only the direction, but the magnitude of the vectors involved.
Related Research Projects/Facilities
Because the standard measurement is the worth of the ability to the ongoing research, this ability is considered the most valuable ability in the entire Academy City. This ability is of great interest to the researchers, as evidenced by the large amount of research projects involving it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 12/Chapter 3 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08/Chapter 4 Between the Lines 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 5 Part 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03/Prologue
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 05/Chapter 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20/Chapter 1 Part 10
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 15/Chapter 5 Part 3
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 030