Annie Horniman (アニー・ホーニマン Anī Hōniman?), full name Annie Elizabeth Fredericka Horniman (アニー＝エリザベス＝フレデリカ＝ホーニマン Anī Erizabesu Furederika Hōniman?), also simply called Annie (アニー Anī?) by her friend, is a posthumous character introduced in Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index.
When reproduced, Annie looks like an old-fashioned tutor, with an old dress and a monocle.
She adores her best friend Mina Mathers, to the point she admits that she would destroy the world if anything happened to her. By contrast, she loathes Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers and can't understand why her best friend fell in love with him.
What she thinks shows easily on her face.
At some point after her death, Annie Horniman was reproduced along with other members of the Golden Dawn by Coronzon, through the application of Tarot-based grimoires, as part of her anti-Crowley countermeasures.
Aleister Crowley ArcEdit
- Main article: Aleister Crowley Arc
- Main article: Coronzon Arc
While the rest of the cabal hunted Aleister's group down, Annie and Westcott were assigned with playing the role of boogieman to the residents of London, to discourage them from venturing out and seeing things they weren't meant to, defeating the regrouped Amakusas along the way.
They attempted to retrieve Dion Fortune after she was caught in the Lady of the Masquerade Ball's attack on Piccadilly Circus, but were delayed due to the actions of Misaka Tabigake and then Misaka Mikoto with the Anti-Art Attachment. After failing to recover her, they encountered Fortune while investigating two distortions and when she stood against them to protect Hamazura Shiage who had picked her up instead.
She wields two clubs, black and white, representing Jachin and Boaz (ヤッキンとボアズ Yakkin to Boazu?), the two pillars which stood on the porch of Solomon's Temple (ソロモン神殿 Soromon Shinden?). Thus creating the perfect altar, she can boost someone else's magic by saying the words Boost Target. When she uses her clubs to boost a target, something like a soap bubble wavers from an instant behind Annie and the pillars, taller than she is.
She can also use a cursing doll, with an unknown effect.
Annie is capable of using a communication method, compared to astral projection but more primitive. Rather than dragging something from the physical body, it is more like causing something to grow, with magic power or an equivalent being vibrated at a set frequency to make contact. It isn't the most precise thing in the world and can cause discomfort to others nearby.
- Annie Horniman was a sponsor to the Mathers as well as a fellow member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in real life.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 1 Part 3
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 4 Part 7
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 7
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 1
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 12
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Between the Lines 2
|Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers||William Wynn Westcott||William Robert Woodman|
|Mina Mathers|| Dion Fortune
| Aleister Crowley