Archangel Michael (
Archangel Michael was created by God to defeat the malfunctioning Lucifer. Michael defeated the legions of fallen angels and Lucifer himself, casting them down with the power of his right hand. He then assumed the position that Lucifer formally held, that of leader of the angels.
Michael is said to wield a flaming sword.
Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
Document of Constantine ArcEdit
- Main article: Document of Constantine Arc
During her interrogation, Lidvia Lorenzetti says that Michael is the being with the highest-level power and was created to oppose the Fallen Angel Lucifer. Then, she adds that God's Right Seat believe that Michael defeated Lucifer, who sat to the right seat of God, and became the ruler of all the angels, but implies that this might not be the whole truth.
British Royal Family ArcEdit
- Main article: British Royal Family Arc
This section requires expansion
Additional references, summary expansion
The events surrounding the British Halloween revolve around the Curtana, a sword which provides a royal wielder with the simulated power of Michael, leader of the angels (with the knights associated with the army of angels and as such, capable of being supplied power from the sword), while in the territory of the United Kingdom, as the focus of a national spell. The circumstances surrounding the sword are explained to Kamijou Touma when he meets Queen Elizard, wielder of the Curtana Second.
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
- Main article: Coronzon Arc
During the final battle between the reproduced Mathers and Aleister Crowley, the former manifested the four archangels representing the elements, including Michael, however they were immediately dispelled when Aleister used a spell to banish Uriel, which dragged the others down along with it.
Toaru Kagaku no RailgunEdit
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun SS2: Shopping Mall DemonstrationEdit
- Main article: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun SS2: Shopping Mall Demonstration
During the incident at the Russian Shopping Center, Caliche I. Niknosh's cabal made use of Telesma aligned to Archangel Michael and symbols connected to him for a large-scale spiritual item, in the form of a giant wheel snake, with the fact that Michael is also considered a patron saint being suited for their use of Ex Voto.
Though Archangel Michael himself has yet to appear, the extent of his power is suggested by his background, the immense powers of fellow Archangel Gabriel and the power displayed by the Curtana, which was drawn from him.
- In the Abrahamic tradition, the archangel Michael is commonly perceived as one of the highest-ranking angels and ranked as the commander of the army of God.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 17 Chapter 3 Part 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 14 Between the Lines 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 16 Epilogue
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 4 Part 2
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 14 Epilogue
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun SS2: Shopping Mall Demonstration Chapter 7
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18