Fusou Ayame (扶桑彩愛 Fusō Ayame?) is a character that appears in Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index. She is a flashy esper that appears as one of the "heroes" summoned by Agitate Halation Project in order to have their focus on Fremea Seivelun.
Ayame wore a bikini top and baggy pants, lightly dressed, despite being November in her first appearance. Her clothes looked more like a stage outfit rather than personal clothes. She is described it as having a sweet candy-like voice.
With a candy like voice, she is loud and flashy. She has shown that she likes to narrate and announce her movements to people, even during battle, as exemplified with her fight against the Paper Bag Bunny Girl.
Like the Paper Bag Bunny Girl, she has no qualms of attacking people that has not even slighted her if she believes that she would get in in the way of saving Fremea Seivelun in her own way under the effects of Agitate Halation Project.
It is unknown what her natural demeanor was if Agitate Halation did not influence her.
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
Agitate Halation ArcEdit
- Main article: Agitate Halation Arc
She first appears as Paper Bag Bunny Girl tries to attack Kamijou Touma with her water jet. Arriving with her four trucks she somehow managed to control, she blows her away with her sound blasting ability. Ayame as well, is influenced by Agitate Halation, and sees Bunny Girl as a threat to Fremea. Bunny Girls slices down one of her large trucks, and the both of them attack.As the queer battle continues, Touma is bewildered by the spectacle. As he questions the strange effects of the Agitate Halation on people, a cellphone lands next to him containing information regarding Fremea. Although Touma is suspicious of its convenient arrival, he eventually uses the information on the cellphone to track Fremea.
As people are drawn by the effects of Agitate Halation towards Fremea, Ayame survives her ordeal against Paper Bag Bunny Girl, wandering off into a plaza in School District 18 for some reason. Flashy as ever, she talks to herself regarding her role as savior of Fremea Seivelun, trying to not to be too loud before making a loud announcement at the end of her speech. She finds another "hero" robbing an ATM deeming it necessary to save Fremea and attacks him.
She reappears again in School District 13 in the Learning Core, gathered by the summons of Agitate Halation and Fremea being there as part of the riot of heroes. She reappears taking down a large crowd surrounding Touma, which he negated with his Imagine Breaker before it could hit him. Touma has no time with dealing with a lunatic who attacks Touma with her shockwave, and at the same time, an esper firing flames from his palm began barging in. However, Touma then sees Ayame's soundwave emitting trucks are then taken down by Mugino Shizuri's Meltdowner beam. She alongside Takitsubo Rikou and Kinuhata Saiai arrive to search for Fremea, seemingly unaware of Touma, though he recognizes that she is the real Level 5 who uses the Meltdowner after his battle with Rensa. Ayame is stunned by this, and tries to make another loud announcement referring to the riot as a "live performance" but is quickly shut up by Mugino. It is unknown if she was taken down by Mugino or by the collateral damage by Sogiita Gunha who tried to extinguish burning trees using his powers. She is not seen afterwards.
Toaru Kagaku no RailgunEdit
Dream Ranker ArcEdit
- Main article: Dream Ranker Arc
She is in a dream of a fellow roadside artist. Misaka Mikoto later uses an Indian Poker card to enter the artist's dream and meets Ayame there. After performing for a crowd, Ayame tells the curious Mikoto the reason why she wears her showy outfit. She tells her that she wanted to show her audience that she is the real deal, in that she didn't use pads. Mikoto however points out that she could've used an outfit that hides her body lines.
Apparently, she possesses an esper ability of an unknown level that allows her to amplify noise and give it a desired direction, thus creating shockwaves. By employing four large advertisement trucks and connecting a wireless microphone to the giant speakers on those trucks, Fusou Ayame is able to use her voice as a weapon. It is unknown if she is able to produce explosive shockwaves of sound if her voice is not amplified or any sound at all for that matter..
Character Art DesignsEdit
Ayame's initial design had her wearing a capris and used an actual microphone instead of her wireless microphone that looked like a megaphone. There were less accessories on her person during this stage, and it was later scrapped. According to Haimura Kiyotaka, when he gave Ayame sarouel pants as he was instructed, he thought she looked a bit like Aladdin and added various other aspects to her design such as the crown, magic lamps, a picture book charm, and prisoner's chain.
- (To Touma, from NT 7): "Ladiiiiiies aaand gentlemeeeeeeeeeeen!! Thank you for coming to today's Fusou Ayame punishment conceeeerrrrrrrrtttttt!!"
- (To Touma, ibid): "Here are today’s guest performers!! They are the uncertain elements trying to get near Fremea Seivelun! Tah dah! It’s time for the bloody sudden death concert you’ve all come to expect! Let’s keep going all night looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg!!!!!!"
- (From NT 7): "The world would continue to turn even if I disappeared. Humanity would feel no sense of loss if my songs disappeared. But… If just a single person will fall in love with my voice… If someone somewhere says they need me… It would be insincere of me not to answer with everything I have!!"
- (To Mugino, from NT 7): "Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Thanks for the unexpected ad lib request! This is why live performances are so much-…!!"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 07 Chapter 3 Part 6
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 07 Between the lines 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 07 Chapter 4 Part 5
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 079