Gravitation is the first opening theme of the third season of the Toaru Majutsu no Index anime adaptation.
It is the first opening theme for the Toaru series performed by Kurosaki Maon after Kawada Mami's retirement.
The single release features the full version of the opening theme. Furthermore, the Limited First Edition CD and DVD versions will have the music video and "Making of" music video of the single. Finally, the Limited First Edition Anime CD and DVD versions will have the short version of the music video and the creditless version of the Toaru Majutsu no Index III opening.
- Hazy Moon
- Gravitation (instrumental)
- Hazy Moon (instrumental)
By order of appearance:
- Index Librorum Prohibitorum
- Fukiyose Seiri
- Himegami Aisa
- Tsukuyomi Komoe
- Tsuchimikado Motoharu
- Aogami Pierce
- Stiyl Magnus
- Kanzaki Kaori
- Misaka Mikoto
- Shirai Kuroko
- Uiharu Kazari
- Kamijou Touma
- Musujime Awaki
- Etzali (as Unabara Mitsuki)
- Girl in the dress
- Kakine Teitoku
- Yobou Banka
- Sunazara Chimitsu
- Baba Yoshio
- Teshio Megumi
- Saku Tatsuhiko
- Mugino Shizuri
- Takitsubo Rikou
- Kinuhata Saiai
- Frenda Seivelun
- Hamazura Shiage
- Tatemiya Saiji
- Terra of the Left
- Acqua of the Back
- Fiamma of the Right
- Vento of the Front
- Lola Stuart
- Knight Leader
- Last Order
- The opening foreshadows several events that would occur in the timeline
- Index's John's Pen Mode being activated.
- Acqua of the Back vs. Kanzaki Kaori's battle in School District 22 and the Saint Destroyer, from Volume 16.
- Acqua of the Back vs. the Knight Leader in the forest near Folkestone from Volume 18.
- Hamazura Shiage vs. Mugino Shizuri, and Accelerator vs. Kakine Teitoku from Volume 15.
|Susumu time bomb akatsuki de|
Chikyuu wa kyou mo mawari Hurry Up!
Hitogoto ni nante dekinai no ni ne.
|I'm carrying a ticking time bomb|
The Earth keeps on turning, so hurry up!
Doesn't it care about it?
|Fui ni yaburareu joushiki|
fumei eye misadame to sadame
ikidoori no ame ni nureta.
|Suddenly common sense is violated|
One fate intertwines with another
And the rain of resentment drenches them all
|Guuzen ginen kimagure no naka de amasa wo mashiteku|
atsui kodou nagarekomu come now everyone
|But why? Doubt and carelessness have grave consequences|
A hot pulse signals the incoming cannonball
koko ni ikiyou sei amashi subete
negai no imi mo iro wo kaeta
Tsukuritai kokoro okufukaku a a kanjiru
Ready to hold.
Everything is drawn to this place
It goes beyond the meaning and intent of our desires
My heart wants to stay strong
I feel it deep inside me
With all my soul, this one thing
I'm ready to hold onto
- A small snippet of the song is played in the second half of the Toaru Majutsu no Index III PV released during Comiket 94.
- With 56 unique characters, the opening contains the record for most character in a single opening in the entire franchise.
- Touma doesn't fight anyone in the opening unlike the previous openings.
- Aleister Crowley doesn't appear in this opening, unlike the first opening of both of the previous two seasons.
|Toaru Majutsu no Index Opening Theme|