Haimura Kiyotaka (はいむらきよたか Haimura Kiyotaka?) (born September 7, 1973) is a Japanese-born illustrator. His most noted illustration works are the eroge Yume Miru Kusuri, developed by ruf, and the light novel series Toaru Majutsu no Index, authored by Kamachi Kazuma.
Haimura is originally from Onomichi City in Hiroshima Prefecture and had lived in an apartment in an unknown location within about 4 years. He later announced moving to a new house during Volume 12, and was able to move to a new residence by the publishing of Volume 13. Haimura now lives somewhere in the Kantou Region.
Haimura describes himself as a person with a gloomy personality with a sweet tooth and a love for movies, especially "stupid" ones.
Most of Haimura artwork uses pastel colors, which is evident in the illustrations of Toaru Majutsu no Index and once used smaller eye designs for characters. He gradually shifts his art style starting from the 11th volume of Toaru Majutsu no Index and the third volume of his other novel Maid Inspector (halfway between October and November 2006), and his change of style continues up to the latest volumes of Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index.
List of WorksEdit
Front Cover Design and IllustrationsEdit
- Maid Inspector (メイド刑事?) (2006-2009) (novel by Hayami Yuuji, published in GA Bunko)
- Sprite Spiegel (スプライトシュピーゲル?) (2007-2008) (novel by Ubukata Tow, published in Fujimi Fantasia Bunko)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index (とある魔術の
禁書目録?) (2004-2010) (novel by Kamachi Kazuma, published in Dengeki Bunko)
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index (新約 とある魔術の
禁書目録?) (2011-2019) (novel by Kamachi Kazuma, published in Dengeki Bunko)
- Descartes [Discourse on the Method] (デカルト『方法序説』?) (2011) (translated by Obose Takuzou, published in Kadokawa Sophia Bunko) — front cover only
- A Simple Survey (簡単なアンケートです?) (2012) (novel by Kamachi Kazuma, published in Dengeki Bunko)
- Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria (ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリア?) (2014, ongoing) (novel by Oomori Fujino, published in GA Bunko)
- Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni – Qualidea Code (いつか世界を救うために -クオリディア・コード?) (2015-2016) (novel by Tachibana Koushi, published in Fujimi Fantasia Bunko)
- Last Round Arthurs (ラストラウンド・アーサーズ?) (2018, ongoing) (novel by Hitsuji Tarou, published in Fujimi Fantasia Bunko)
- Souyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index (創約 とある魔術の
禁書目録?) (2020, ongoing) (novel by Kamachi Kazuma, published in Dengeki Bunko)
Game illustrations and Character DesignEdit
- Kakusansei Million Arthur (拡散性ミリオンアーサー?) (Square Enix)
- FIRE EMBLEM Heroes (ファイアーエムブレム ヒーローズ?) (Nintendo) (Illustration of Deirdre and Julia)
- Fate/Grand Order (TYPEMOON) (Illustration of Melty Sweetheart)
- Shin Kaku Gi Kou and the 11 Destroyers (神角技巧と11人の破壊者?) (Square Enix & Straight Edge)
- Hotel ergriffen (maple)
- Kokyu Shohu ~Cortigiana~ (高級娼婦 〜コルティジャーナ〜?) (wing)
- Suito Gensou - Venice Fantastica - (水都幻想 - Venice Fantastica -?) (maple)
- Yume Miru Kusuri (ユメミルクスリ?) (ruf)
- Haimura Kiyotaka Artbook rainbow spectrum: colors (『灰村キヨタカ画集 rainbow spectrum:colors』?) (ASCII Media Works, published on February 28th 2011)
- Haimura Kiyotaka Artbook 2 rainbow spectrum: notes (『灰村キヨタカ画集2 rainbow spectrum:notes』?) (ASCII Media Works, published on September 9th 2014)
- Haimura Kiyotaka Artbook The Art of Sword Oratoria (はいむらきよたかイラストレーションズ The Art of Sword Oratoria ?) (GA Bunko, published on June 13th 2017)
- Haimura Kiyotaka Artbook 3 CROSS (『はいむらきよたか画集3 CROSS』?) (ASCII Media Works, published on May 9th 2020)
- Toaru Majutsu no Indekchu (とある魔術のインデックちゅ?) (C76)
- Toaru Majutsu no Indekchu Sono Ni (とある魔術のインデックちゅ そのに!?) (C81)
- In most of his personal profile sections in the back flap of the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels, Haimura often tells about the appliance/s he just bought, is planning, or wants to buy. He also laments there about how he ends up not using them due to some circumstance. This heavily implies that he is an impulse buyer of sorts.
- Haimura stopped updating his personal profile on the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels since the first volume of Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index.
- The characters used for Haimura's name were 灰村キヨタカ for the entirety of Toaru Majutsu no Index. In Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index, he started using はいむらきよたか instead, just as how he is credited in Yume Miru Kusuri and in his doujinshi.
- More apparent with his work with the Toaru Majutsu no Index franchise, Kiyotaka has been designing alternate clothing of the various characters for his pixiv account. Beginning on July of 2008, Kiyotaka drew an alternate Mikoto outfit, which was later incorporated many years later, in the 3rd Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel, after remembering that he could use the outfit for Mikoto's appearance in Hawaii. He later uploaded a Mikoto and Index alternate outfit, the latter being incorporated in into the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga during the Sisters Arc. Haimura has later gone out to do several outfits for all three protagonists, and later for side characters after polling. It is not entirely farfetched to believe that the alternate outfits will make its way into the novels or manga in the canon, and with the latter, the other artists already have used them for extra pages.
- rainbow spectrum - Haimura Kiyotaka's official blog
- はいむら - Haimura Kiyotaka's Pixiv account
- はいむら - Haimura Kiyotaka's Pawoo account
- はいむらきよたか - Haimura Kiyotaka's Twitter account
- Haimura Kiyotaka (Japanese Wikipedia article)