Regardie was not a member of the original Golden Dawn, joining its remnants long after its collapse following the Battle of Blythe Road. He was among those who sought futilely to restore the cabal to its former glory.
At some point after his death, Israel Regardie was reproduced along with other members of the Golden Dawn by Coronzon, through the application of Tarot-based grimoires, as part of her anti-Crowley countermeasures.
Aleister Crowley ArcEdit
- Main article: Aleister Crowley Arc
- Main article: Coronzon Arc
During the Crowley's Hazard invasion of the United Kingdom, Regardie was among the reproduced members of the Golden Dawn who confronted Aleister Crowley in the graveyard of Westminster Abbey. Together with Netta Fornario, he was one of the members who approached the former Isis-Urania Temple in pursuit of Aleister's group. He was also involved in the group's pursuit of the British Royal Family as they were being evacuated to Scotland, in order to protect the real Mathers' grave, and was among those who took aim at Touma during his clash with Mathers. When Aleister succeeded in disrupting the flow of power to the reproductions' grimoire bodies, Regardie came apart while trying to get his spells working again.
Being a member of the Golden Dawn's remnants, Regardie is a user of Golden-style Magic, though his specialities and primary tools are not specifically identified. During the reproduced Golden Dawn's pursuit of the royal family and Touma's battle with Mathers, Regardie is suggested to have made use of Enochian chess pieces, modeled after Egyptian deities.[Notes 1]
- Israel Regardie was an occultist who was Aleister Crowley's biographer and later a member of Stella Matutina. Following the group's collapse, he compiled and published Golden Dawn material in order to preserve the Golden Dawn's traditions and system of ceremonial magic, which he feared would be lost otherwise, drawing ire from other occultists but also playing a large role in the continuation of the Golden Dawn's lineage and the development of Western occultism.
- ↑ While the items in question weren't specifically linked to him, given knowledge of items which are linked to other magicians who were mentioned in the same instance, there seems to be a correspondence between the order of the names mentioned and the items being used by those individuals, which suggests that this is the case.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Epilogue
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 6
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 7
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 16
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 4 Part 7
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 1
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Prologue
|Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers||William Wynn Westcott||William Robert Woodman|
|Mina Mathers|| Dion Fortune
| Aleister Crowley