Judgment 177 Branch Office (ジャッジメント第一七七支部 Jajjimento Dai Ichi Nana Nana Shibu?) is a branch office of Judgment where Shirai Kuroko and Uiharu Kazari currently work in,[Notes 1] making it the most prominent Judgment branch in the storyline. The branch is currently headed by Konori Mii.
The office is originally located in the Sakugawa Middle School. Its name is written on a door with a signboard. In the anime adaptation, the office can be found on the second floor of a 5 story building; the office is filled with many boxes that are addressed to the office, as well as other miscellaneous objects, making it seem crowded, though the office can hold several people at the same time; it also holds a small kitchen, as well as waiting area for guests. Later, the location of the office that came out of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga turned into the place that came out of the anime adaptation.
The building is large enough to have a conference room, for members of the branch to conduct meetings.
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Level Upper Arc
- Main article: Level Upper Arc
As the focus of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun sidestory is on Misaka Mikoto and her friends' adventures, the branch office is featured prominently, this is especially true towards the anime adaptation. The office is first seen during Juufuku Miho's attacks on Tokiwadai students.
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Tree Diagram Remnant Arc
- Main article: Tree Diagram Remnant Arc
The office is featured in the 8th light novel volume where Kazari calls Kuroko on a recent robbery of a luggage bag. Here, Kazari discovers that the luggage bag had an invitation slip with it, that is addressed to a subsidiary of Tokiwadai Middle School, as so she called Kuroko to make it clear on the involvement of Tokiwadai in the case; Kuroko however, tells her that she has never heard of such a place in Tokiwadai. Kuroko later leaves in pursuit of the robbers instead of the victim, whom the bag was supposedly stolen from.
- Konori Mii (Chief)
- Yanagisako Aomi
- Shirai Kuroko (anime-only)[Notes 1]
- Uiharu Kazari
- Misaka Mikoto (Members for 1 day; provides help constantly)
- Shirai Kuroko and Uiharu Kazari working in the same branch was an invention of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun anime and was never true outside of that.
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08 Chapter 2 Part 1
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 004
- Astral Buddy Manga Chapter 004
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 03
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 047
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 07
- Nogi Yasuhito (Astral Buddy Mangaka), Twitter. Retrieved on 20 January 2020.
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 002