|Series Three Overhaul Project
This article will be undergoing extensive revision as part of wiki overhaul sub-plan
Operation Interim R
An entity taking the guise of Kamijou Touma (上条当麻 Kamijō Tōma?), who appears in Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse.
An emanation of Touma's power, The One who Purifies God and Slays Demons (神浄の討魔 Kamijō no Tōma?), emerging as a result of the damage from the conflict with Coronzon as well as his own regrets and subconscious wishes, the individual attempted to usurp Touma's identity, taking most of Imagine Breaker and his other powers with it, as well as possessing memories which he had lost.
Like the original Kamijou Touma while they were split, he could assume the form of a dragon - a winged lizard with crocodilians jaws, giant bat-like wings and a thick tail. As opposed to the original, who had sky-blue and lemon-yellow surround him when using this power while they were split, he had shocking-pink and emerald emerging from within. This light also emerged through cracks which occasionally appeared while still in human form.
This section requires expansion
NT22R - Similarities/Differences, hatred for original, Manipulative
- Main article: Kamijou Arc
During his brief manifestation, he possessed most of Kamijou Touma's powers, including much of both Imagine Breaker and the power lurking behind it which he originated from. He possessed Imagine Breaker's function to negate the supernatural, as well as the misfortune which accompanied it.
Like the original Touma while they were split, he could assume the form of a dragon - one of shocking-pink and emerald instead of sky-blue and lemon-yellow. Rather than surrounding the human body like a shell, this power emerged from within him with his human body being the shell. He retained Imagine Breaker's negation ability while in dragon form.
- (To Kamijou Touma, after manifesting) "Imagine Breaker is just one card in your deck? You’re the one in control? Don’t make me laugh, you snot-nosed brat. Once this right hand’s taken from you, what have you got left? Who would ever accept you as Kamijou Touma now?"..."How can you call yourself Kamijou Touma without this? It’s time you learned firsthand what happens once it’s gone." 
- (To Kamijou Touma, during their final battle) "I’m here because you wished for me, Kamijou Touma. That’s why I have this form. You made the wish, didn’t you? You knew it was an absurd idea, but during that war you wished you could have used Imagine Breaker more effectively. You wondered if the real way to use it was hidden in your lost memories. If it wasn’t for your regrets, I never would have had to think about something as silly as using your lost memories to play the role of Kamijou Touma and using Imagine Breaker more cleverly than you!!!!!!"…"I’m nothing more than an ability: something that distorts quantum physics. I was supposed to have nothing of my own. My sense of self, my personality to overcome any adversity, and my memories that you lack? It all only exists because you wished it to." 
- (To Kamijou Touma, during their final battle) "I am here because you wished for it. If you hadn’t interfered and hadn’t gotten in my way, that happiness would have remained intact. If you had let me take your place for this one day and then let me leave, no one would have gotten hurt. Even if I’m just pink and emerald encased in human skin, I could have had that brief time. That wasn’t your time to show up!! That really and truly was nothing more than your own damn ego!!! So I will protect this. Since I’m here because of your wish, I will fulfill that wish. Everything leading up to this point was just a bad dream and only happiness lies ahead of us. It might take reversing our positions, but I have to protect this!! I have to gather up everything you let slip from your fingers!!" 
- (as Kamijou Touma defeats him) "I see. So that’s why it chose you… why it flew in from outsi-" 
- (To Kamijou Touma, last words) "This isn’t over."..."I am here because you wished it. And you just rejected that obvious answer to have it your way. Do not let them die… If you had used this thing right, you might have been able to save the Golden magicians. At the very least, Aleister didn’t need to die and leave his daughter behind. Don’t you dare make a mistake like that again." 
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 2 Part 7
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 4 Part 10
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 4 Part 12
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 3 Part 2
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 3 Part 4
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 4 Part 1
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 4 Part 4