|Index-tan: "Sogebu! Sogebu! Sogebu!"|
This article discusses intricacies or terms found in the fandom, it may not be found in the Toaru Majutsu no Index canon.
The Kihara Counter is actually a relatively very simple technique for those who have proper self-control over their body, or at very least possess great enough reflexes. It involves withdrawing one's attack a moment before the impact to overcome Redirection, proving that it isn't an unbeatable barrier. An alternative method to master it is to use the battle data of a master of this technique by uploading it to mechanical limbs, thus overcoming any lack of dexterity.
No matter how effective as a measure, Amata himself realized the weak spot of this technique itself: it only works against Redirection, thus becoming an unsignificant trick in normal battle or any battle it that isn't used against the said or similar (enough) ability.[Excerpts 2]
Because of his intricate knowledge of the Accelerator's skills, Amata can bypass Accelerator's Redirection. Amata can hit Accelerator by pulling back his attack right before it is redirected by Accelerator's AIM field, because it simply changes the direction of the vector towards its opposite, as such anything that is coming towards Accelerator will be redirected back in the opposite direction. With this method, Amata can use his "Counter" to retract his fist the moment before it makes contact with Accelerator's AIM field, so the Redirection instead pulls it towards Accelerator.
Other characters usageEdit
Several other characters have tried to use this technique, albeit with various success rates, such as:
- Sugitani: He claimed to be capable of replicating Kihara Amata's technique of drawing back his fist an instant before receiving impact to break through Accelerator's Reflection, though he commented that just by observing it he couldn’t perfectly recreate the technique. As shown, even though he landed the hit successfully, he injured himself in the process.
- Kuroyoru Umidori: Has numerous mechanical hands in which she uploaded Amata's battle data should she ever need to fight against Accelerator.
- Kihara Enshuu: Being able to mimic the mind patterns of others, and mainly using her relative Amata's thought patterns, was most likely able to use this technique, albeit this was unmentioned, most likely since Accelerator wasn't in Baggage City in the first place and this technique only works on Redirection.
- Given that Amata never explicitly named this technique by any significant name, referring to it as 'my counter', this is currently the best name given in fandom to refer it until future mention of it.
- This technique isn't entirely a simple trick considering that the user has to have perfect timing, proven at least twice by Sugitani and Kuroyoru Umidori as neither could (perfectly) use it the same way Amata naturally did.
- ↑ "I know your characteristics, equations, personal reality, everything! I don't call myself your power developer for nothing!"―Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 12 Chapter 5 Part 1
- ↑ "That's right...Since he can't use his power, my counter is also useless."―Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 3 Part 8
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 5 Part 7