In Toaru Majutsu no Index, Maya mythology is used as base for Magic.
- 1 Principles
- 2 Background
- 3 Chronology
- 4 Uses of Maya Mythology within the story
- 5 External Links
- 6 References
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Necessarius Special Admission Test
Agnese's Magic Side Work Experience
The ancient Maya civilization is mentioned by Angelene as one of the possible way to link the case of the Hood battlecruiser to the other cases they solved, because of its home region the Yucatán Peninsula being in the Carribean Sea.
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index
St. Germain Arc
- Main article: St. Germain Arc
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
- Main article: Necromancer Arc
Prior to Esther Rosenthal being invited to supervise Hishigata Mikihiko's research team, the Sarcophagus of Palenque and the funeral jade mask of Mayan King Kʼinich Janaabʼ Pakal were some of the several mysterious out-of-place artifacts taken from outside Academy City because the research had hit a dead end.
Uses of Maya Mythology within the story
- Toaru Majutsu no Index SS: Necessarius Special Admission Test Chapter 6 Part 2
- Toaru Majutsu no Index SS: Agnese's Magic Side Work Experience Chapter 4 Part 2
- Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 12 Chapter 2 Part 8
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 08