Miki Kazuma (三木一馬 Miki Kazuma?) is a Japanese light novel editor and the editor for the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel series.
Miki was born on September 12, 1977 and originated from Tokushima Prefecture. He is a graduate of Tokushima Municipal Senior High School, and finished with a bachelor's degree in physics in Sophia University in Tokyo.
Kazuma's approach relies on "selling works that appeal to markets that publishers alone cannot cover with the use of multimedia projects". This is the reason why various works under his supervision often become adapted into manga and anime series.
In Shakugan no Shana, the titular character Shana was originally planned to be 20 years of age and have an appearance similar to that of Margery Daw, another character in the series, and was eventually changed to the design popularly known in recent times.
The original concept in Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai that tackles the otaku culture as a theme in an everyday comedy series was based on ideas by Miki, which are then given Fushimi's own signature writing style. The story's heroine Kousaka Kirino was modeled by Miki after "a girl straight out of GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)".
Authors Under SupervisionEdit
- Ayasaki Shun (Aozora Shigure, Hatsukoi Suisei, Toiki Yukiiro, Noble Children Series)
- Igarashi Yuusaku (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
- Iruma Hitoma (Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Tokage no Ou)
- Okayu Masaki (Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan)
- Kamachi Kazuma (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Heavy Object)
- Kawahara Reki (Accel World, Sword Art Online)
- Kouzuki Tsukasa (Ladies Versus Butlers!)
- Satou Tsutomu (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
- Takahashi Yashichiro (A/B Extreme, Shakugan no Shana)
- Fushimi Tsukasa (Daisanbanme no Alice, Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, Nekosis)
- Yuuki Rin (Valkyrja no Kikou)
- Mikage Eiji (Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, Anata ga Naku made Fumu no wo Yamenai!)
- Otsuno Yomoji (Minutes)
List of worksEdit
- Omoshirokereba Nan Demo Ari (面白ければなんでもあり? lit., "Anything is Possible If You're Interested") (2015)