Misaka 10031 (ミサカ一〇〇三一号 Misaka Ichiman Sanjūichi-gō?) is a Sister, a clone of Misaka Mikoto, that appears in both Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. Originally having a small role in Toaru Majutsu no Index, her character was later expanded in Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. She is the 10031st clone to be produced and killed by Accelerator for the Level 6 Shift Project, and she is also the first clone Kamijou Touma meets.
She has the same personality as most clones, with emotions that have been suppressed as they weren't beneficial to the experiment. Despite this, she still feels pain and is hurt when Mikoto drove her away when she tried to cheer her up, because of this, she was a little saddened.
Another slight hint of personality is shown when she behaves seriously, confronting Mikoto and Touma about having "robbed" a vending machine, she properly recited every legal article that the couple ignored while committing the "felony", expressing disappointment on them for engaging in such activities. Unfortunately 10031's nagging was cut short by Mikoto's outburst, who subsequently drags her away to question her about the status of the experiment.
Not much is known about her, though as a clone she was most likely produced a few months prior to her introduction in the story. Before meeting Mikoto and Touma she was researching around the area where they were staying.
Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
- Main article: Sisters Arc
Misaka 10031 appears in the park where she discovers Misaka Mikoto and Kamijou Touma together after Shirai Kuroko left them. Here, she states that she is Mikoto Touma, which confuses him since she's not using her given name to refer herself when she was in the presence of Mikoto. Misaka 10031 tells them that she is here researching before being taken away by an uneasy Mikoto.
The next day, Misaka 10031 battles Accelerator. Despite her efforts she is easily defeated; before being killed by Accelerator, he states his power is based on vector transformation, and says that he can change the vectors of anything with just the touch of his skin. He demonstrates his powers on Misaka 10031, by touching her wounds and brutally killing her by reversing the flow of her blood. He later took one of her fingers as a trophy and tried to eat it, then spat it out in front of Misaka 10032 saying it is too chewy.
Touma too later comes upon Misaka 10031’s mangled corpse and becomes disgusted at the sight. He later contacts Anti-Skill and removes himself from the alleyway while waiting for them. This gives Misaka 10032 and the other Sisters ample opportunity to remove all evidence of Misaka 10031’s death as well as the Level 6 Shift Project before the Anti-Skill can arrive. Misaka 10032 later carries Misaka 10031’s corpse in a body bag herself. Misaka 10031’s body was most likely presumably disposed of prior to Misaka 10032’s own battle with Accelerator.
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
Magic God Othinus ArcEdit
- Main article: Magic God Othinus Arc
In the "Perfect World" Magic God Othinus creates in order to break Touma's will, Accelerator is the one who saves the Sisters, all 20,001 of them, including Misaka 10031. Misaka 10031's body is later taken over by the Will of the Whole Misaka Network in order for her to snap Touma from his despair.
Toaru Kagaku no RailgunEdit
- Main article: Sisters Arc
Her appearance is expanded in Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, where after being taken away by Mikoto. Here, she confirms to Mikoto's horror that experiments is still going on despite her efforts the other day, and reports that Misaka 10020's experiment has already concluded. Mikoto becomes thoroughly disgusted, and in the depths of her despair recalling the death of Misaka 9982, tells Misaka 10031 to stop appearing before her with 'that' form. Despite trying to cheer her up with a cat that reminds her of the cat Mikoto and Misaka 9982 rescued, she was pushed away through Mikoto's words and left her, though Mikoto later regretted her actions.
The next day, Misaka 10031 takes her physical examination before her battle with Accelerator and is clearly depressed. She tries to ask to the researchers what they would do if a clone of themselves were to appear before them, and predictably one of them shows great revulsion for such a concept. This makes Misaka 10031 conclude that Misaka Mikoto truly does not want her to exist.
Meanwhile, Mikoto who has recently infiltrated the now-abandoned Tree Diagram Information Receival Center, discovers that the Tree Diagram has already been destroyed, ruining her plan on stopping the experiment. Later, after destroying another facility involved in the experiments in a fit of rage, she discovers the battle of Misaka 10031 and Accelerator, and is utterly broken after seeing the death of Misaka 10031 in the hands of Accelerator.
Like all the Sisters, her ability is known as Radio Noise (
- Military training: Included in the information that was transferred with the Testament machines, like the other Sisters, she is proficient in combat methods such as the aforementioned use of specific weapons, can track targets, and shake off pursuers.
- Weapons & Gear: She wears a special set of goggles that enables her to see electron beams and magnetic field lines, which like all the Sisters she cannot perceive without aid. She also uses a F2000R Toy Soldier assault rifle during her fight with Accelerator, and is capable using any weapon the other Sisters have used.
- (In Railgun manga Chapter 33) "For Oneesama (the original), Misaka (referring to herself) is an existence she would like to deny."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 033
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03 Chapter 1 Part 2
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03 Chapter 2 Part 5
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03 Chapter 4 Part 3
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03 Chapter 2 Part 6
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 03 Chapter 2 Part 7
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 09 Chapter 7 Part 2
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 031
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 034