The Processor Suit is a black, streamlined, full-body armored suit, like a motorcycle riding suit but more solid, with a full-face helmet and visor. The light armor appears to be made from some kind of petroleum product rather than metal. The gaps in the armor have lines of lights which change color depending on the level of danger.
The Processor Suit makes use of electric potential elastic tape and motors to enhance the wearer's capabilities. It utilizes the same Calculate Fortress material used in the Windowless Building, which partially reproduces Accelerator's vector control to absorb, disperse and soften impacts. Accelerator himself speculated that it might also be intended to be used in something like a 'shield bash' attack.
The suit has a large number of sensors, including cameras and microphones, which monitor the environment around the wearer, enabling them to sense light, sound, and smells exactly the same as always, and possibly allow them to view things beyond the normal human senses such as gasses and electromagnetic waves. Sensor-covered gloves allow them to feel through touch. As well as external sensors, the suit also has internal sensors which monitor the wearer's condition. It can read electrical signals and potential differences on the exposed surface of wearer's skin.
There are irregular lines of pale light along the gaps in the armor, possibly made by LEDs or OLEDs, which slowly blink on and off. The lights change color depending on the level of danger to the wearer in the immediate vicinity, from blue when safe to yellow and then finally to red.
A display on the inside of the visor shows the wearer their surroundings in conjunction with the sensors, together with any additional information the user requires. As well as icons for active functions or warnings and labels assigned to surrounding individuals or objects in the surroundings, the display can also pop-up windows with maps, data from the suit sensors, instructions from the Bank's database and other information to support the wearer, or a simple puzzle game for them to pass the time. Warning icons concerning immediate dangers are red, while less urgent warnings are yellow (such as a heart-shaped icon which signifies rising stress). In manual mode, colorful numbered circles are overlaid on the surroundings, like a pattern from a dance game, to guide the wearer through optimum paths, evasion patterns and combat techniques. If the users deviates from the markers, a red 'unrecommended action' icon is shown before the route is recalculated. Similar markers may also be used for predicted landing points.
Being the next generation of the Bank, the Processor Suit has a huge amount of stored data and processing power at its disposal. The spare data processing power is sufficient to run an AI program such as Aneri at full specs. The suit apparently lacks an external port for cables, though it can connect to networks wirelessly. There is an internal port which can be used for flash memory.
Though the suit is not necessarily meant for combat, it does possess considerable offensive capabilities. With the electric potential elastic tape and motors as well as the Calculate Fortress, it can deliver blows strong enough for the shockwaves to blow steel building beams away and make the armor glow red like a steel beam fresh off a blast furnace. The suit can make movements on its own in response to the user's thoughts and in manual mode, by moving according to the markers presented on the visor, like entering a simple combo command in a fighting game, the user can perform potent martial arts moves capable of throwing a 1-ton armored truck through the air or easily avoiding full-auto fire from multiple directions without warning, even if the user has no knowledge of how to do so themselves.
The Processor Suit doesn't have any zips or buttons for removal. For emergency removal, there is a 1mm hole between the legs of the suit, like a hole for opening a stuck CD tray. When a pin or something similar is inserted into the hole, it activates detonating cords along the gaps in the armor to immediately split it apart.
The suit has a small cover on the helmet which can open when the wearer needs to drink. There is also another one for when they need the toilet. There is apparently a small lock-like protrusion on the back of the neck.
The Bank has taken on many forms over time in order to disguise and protect itself, including an underground nuclear shelter, a skyscraper, a satellite and an electronic information control system. Its previous form was the high-speed server of a general securities trading office used for oil and stock trading. The Processor Suit was developed as the Bank's newest form, going in the complete opposite direction from the previous generation as something not resembling a large-scale server system. With the December heat wave, it was an ideal time to switch over to the next generation.
The suit was constructed in a secret development space in School District 7 with a hidden entrance in a back alley, concealed so as to protect its contents, with even the Underline being kept out.
Kamisato Rescue ArcEdit
- Main article: Kamisato Rescue Arc
On December 11th, following the 48 Hours to Restore Order, Aleister Crowley confronted Karasuma Fran in the alley which was actually where the hidden entrance to the Processor Suit's development space was located. Tsuchimikado Motoharu was also present in the area, having manipulated events to make his move against Aleister, in retaliation for not honoring his promise to protect Maika despite the heat wave and the Elements, and was looking for the new Bank as an extra bargaining chip to protect Tsuchimikado Maika, when he encountered the two and decided to attack Aleister there instead. Aleister later guessed that Fran had been guided there for those two reasons.
Processor Suit ArcEdit
- Main article: Processor Suit Arc
Later in the day, following the incident at the Windowless Building, Coronzon used its secondary avatar, A. O. Francisca (a possessed Fran), to steal the Processor Suit and attacked the trading office where the Bank's previous generation was located. She then assaulted Hamazura Shiage and placed a second Processor Suit made from spare parts on him as a decoy. The two identical suits however created a SIM conflict, so she later attacked Shiage in order to resolve that problem, supported by Mimetic Predators, while Shiage was supported by Aneri. The two wore the Processor Suits until the incident's resolution on December 12th. Aleister Crowley then made use of the suit's smart memory port to send a virus through the network to shut down Academy City's computers and render them useless to Coronzon.
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 3 Part 5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 3 Part 6
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 3
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 9
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 2 Part 13
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 4 Part 3
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Epilogue
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 7
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 3 Part 7
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 10
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 4 Part 1
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 17 Epilogue
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 2 Part 2
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 4
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Afterward