School District 10 (第一〇学区 Dai Ichi Rei Gakku?) is a district at the southernmost of Academy City. It is bordered by School District 7, 22, and 18 to the north, School District 11 to the east, and School District 2 to the west. Its main characteristic is that it contains a few facilities and establishments that carries a certain social stigma towards people, such as nuclear facilities and graveyards, as well as having poor public order.
Land prices in District 10 were the cheapest because of the fact that it had poor public order and having the worst security, a fact that is rumored to make deliverymen go out of their way to avoid passing through the district on the way to their destination. It didn't have any major facilities, though it was filled with things like disposal areas for experimental animals and laboratories related to nuclear power, as well as the infamous Special Ability Institute. It is most likely rampant with urban decay, most specifically in Area G, known as Strange, a hot bed for delinquents and is the stronghold of many Skill-Out gangs, like Big Spider.
Despite delinquents residing in the district, there is actually an ironclad rule among them that they are to be nice to cats abandoned in the rain and to little kids, an example of this is when the entire gang of Big Spider once fought for the sake of a child in the rain.
Places of interestEdit
The only graveyard in the city is located in District 10 due to the fact that many companies refuse to set-up shop in the district, after a long turnaround, it settled in this backdrop. As well as the fact that since 80% of Academy City's population is comprised of students, their corpses are normally returned to their parents. The graveyard has the distinct shape of being similar to that of an elevator equipped multi-story car park. The structure uses the power of lifts to automatically pass the miniature tombstone that has the cinerary casket in. For this to work, the input of a number is required in the ‘small space’ that’s separated by the clapboard like a shooting range. 
As long as the thick waterproof tray allows it, any flowers and gifts are allowed. But when the system detects any microbes, once it passes a certain limit, it’ll be dumped into the dustbin automatically. More often than not, most tombstones do not have the ashes its owner, and is simply used as a memorial. These tombstones hold the memories that range from criminals, Child Errors, and those involved in the Dark Side of Academy City, such as Frenda Seivelun.
- Food Stand Spire
- Special Ability Institute
- Nuclear & Bacteriology Research Center
- Experimental Animals Disposal Facility
- Kurozuma Wataru
- Hebitani Tsuguo
- Konori Mii (As member of Big Spider until Kurozuma Wataru was incarcerated for the first time)
- Accelerator (as part of the Special Ability Institute until he was nine)
- Juufuku Miho's marker pen that she used in her vandals on Tokiwadai Middle School students was taken from a research facility in School District 10.
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index no Subete
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 15 Chapter 3 Part 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 1 Part 5
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 05 Chapter 4 Part 6
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 15
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 16
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index: Road to Endymion Chapter 3 Part 9
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 1 Part 5
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 1
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 03