Shadow Metal (
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Daihasei Festival Arc
- Main article: Daihasei Festival Arc (Railgun)
During the Daihaseisai, Saten Ruiko, having learnt about the rumor concerning Shadow Metal, tried to investigate it, getting into trouble in the process. At that time, the rumor was described as having developed from the increased security to prevent people from stealing DNA maps during the games, apparently baseless.
However, during the Level 6 Shift attempt on Misaka Mikoto and the efforts of Kamijou Touma and Sogiita Gunha to save her, a metallic substance was formed from the clash between Mikoto and Gunha's powers when he made a path for Touma to get to Mikoto. After the experiment was stopped, Gunha took notice of the area was now covered with a strange metal coating.
Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out
Tokiwadai Election Arc
- Main article: Tokiwadai Election Arc
This section requires expansion
Following the events of the Daihaseisai in September and by the time of Tokiwadai's student council election in October, there had been an increased movement by a group connected to Academy City's previous generation, who used two squares (actually cubes) as their symbol, and apparently sought Shadow Metal, said to exist in the form of cubic crystals.
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 044
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 047
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 02
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 04
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 067
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 14
- Ogino Kentarou (Railgun editor), Twitter
- Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out Manga Chapter 005
- Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out Manga Chapter 007