Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index: Will the Spiky-Haired Idiot See a Piping Hot Dream of His Wife? (新約 とある魔術の禁書目録: ツンツン頭の馬鹿はわくわくお嫁さんの夢を見るか?) is a short story written by Kamachi Kazuma that is featured in the Dengeki Super Thanksgiving Leaflet for the Dengeki Bunko Super Thanksgiving Fair 2017 alongside other stories from twelve famous Dengeki Bunko authors. It is later included in Super! Dengeki Bunko.
The story is only four pages long, including the cover, the theme of the story is about "pitapat" (わくわく Wakuwaku?).
Kamijou Touma is in a household appliance retail store and comes across VR (virtual reality) goggles that can supposedly show an accurate prediction of the wearer's future wife. He puts it on. However, he is overheard by Misaka Mikoto and Shokuhou Misaki, who each begin plotting to implant an image of themselves into the prediction. Touma mumbles the various things he's seeing, causing various reactions in the two girls. Finally, he says that a "student dorm manager onee-san" is an absolute requirement. The two girls picture the Tokiwadai Dorm Supervisor and fall into despair, considering it impossible to meet such a standard.
By order of appearance:
- Mental Out - Shokuhou Misaki, Level 5 (referenced)
- The illustration for this short story, done by Haimura Kiyotaka, is the same one used for the cover of Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 7.
- The title for this short story is an obvious parody of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Its Japanese title is "アンドロイドは電気羊の夢を見るか?".
- Touma mentions an eyepatch and Misaki later mentions a "chuuni girl" in a goth lolita dress, which are references to Takanashi Rikka of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 「電撃文庫 超感謝リーフレット2017」書店の購入者特典「超感謝リーフレット2017」をご紹介！Japanese. Retrieved on 25 October 2018.