A temple (神殿 Shinden?) is a Magic Circle (not necessarily in the format of a building) that converts the foundational Power of the World into a usable medium, producing massive amounts of energy. One can be constructed on a short notice to accommodate powerful spells and can also be a long-standing structure that represents the word's more conventional usage.
Temples, like most magic symbols, can be made from practically anything found in the modern world, including books, toy figurines, and beads, using the Idol Theory to connect these everyday objects to other entities, like a shelf, real people, and litter.
Many temples are constructed as strongholds of magical protection, namely the headquarters of the three major religious sect, using magic around the perimeter and traps inside to ensure security and sometimes power large-scale spells.
List of Known TemplesEdit
- Basilica of Sant'Agostino
- Basilica of St. Mary
- Canterbury Cathedral
- Isis-Urania Temple
- Kamijou Family Residence (Destroyed)
- Mont Saint-Michel Abbey
- Queen Britannia (Destroyed)
- Southwark Cathedral
- Star of Bethlehem (Destroyed)
- St. Mark's Basilica
- St. George's Cathedral
- St. Joseph Church
- St. Julian's Cathedral
- St. Paul's Cathedral
- St. Peter's Basilica (Destroyed)
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 02 Chapter 3 Part 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 6 Part 3
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Chapter 3 Part 10
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Epilogue
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 07 Prologue