Sorry for keeping you waiting, OH&S. Here's my feedback on the slider (most of it seems fine, several of my questions/comments are about reasoning and thoughts rather than problems)(apologies if this is a bit fuzzy due to tiredness):
- OVERALL: The slider as a whole is very good and doesn't have any major problems - most of my queries and issues are fairly minor. Slider images at the time of writing fit fine.
- We've already discussed and understand how column balance is desired and I've considered this while thinking about certain bits of my feedback.
- As already mentioned, I did have a bit of problem with the pure column approach in places at first, but the dividing lines helped to remedy it.
- One thing that I was thinking for the media slides is that for the media headers, we could tweak them to remove the brackets with the media type (seeing as it is a bit redundant, given its position in the specific slide)(e.g. on the NOVELS slide, Toaru Majutsu no Index (light novel) to Toaru Majutsu no Index)(Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the quick link)
- For several tabs on the slides, I've listed subjects from the current selection which I consider key items (vital), as in regardless of tweaks, they should not be removed from the list. This doesn't mean that I consider the other items unimportant, only that they could be removed from the respective list if really necessary.
- I haven't thought about it too much and it doesn't seem a problem at present, but what are your thoughts regarding spoilers and the slider?
- HOME: The Home Slide is good to go. 'World & Setting' fits fine.
- WORLD & SETTING: This is the main area of review.
- Setting & For New Users are ready as far as I'm concerned. Special seems OK to go with current subjects (generally agree with selection, microscopic uncertainty for FK)
- I'm not sure about the inclusion of the newly added Characters tab
- The main tabs I'm focusing on are Organizations/Locations/Magic/Science (mostly the latter two)(still writing this bit)
- I agree with the condensed Dark Side link as there are too many individual factions to have separate ones. I also agree with Gremlin covering both groups and Magic Side covering the Magic Cabals. We've already discussed the Kamijou Faction's position and we're both fine with that.
- I understand the reasoning behind the Russian Orthodox Church not being included (which we discussed earlier), though I have wondered about it.
- I have also wondered if we should make a slight tweak to the order of the UK list or not (perhaps moving the Royals/Knights up, which are currently below Amakusa (P.S. presume disregarding pre-V7 as we're far past that point now (perfectly fine by me))).
- I agree with having the two category links covering countries and other locations (minor side note - was thinking that if the left column ended up longer from a tweak, then Vatican or Elizalina can be brought in to balance the columns).
- Although I understand the exclusion of homes and dorms, I was thinking that the Kamijou Residence could be added to the list, given its prominence.
- I agree with general individual subject selection and feel the following individual AC subjects are vital (i.e. definitely not to be removed): A Certain High School, Tokiwadai Middle School, Windowless Building, Heaven Canceller's Hospital.
- I also agree with the City Map, Schools and Locations general links under AC.
- I think we should probably include Spiritual Item in one of the lists (Principles or Terminology, slightly leaning towards former).
- I agree with the inclusion of Saint as the representative example of symbolic/magically-gifted individuals and Telesma as the representative of phase energy.
- I agree with the general individual subject selection for Principles/Terminology and feel the following individual subjects are vital (i.e. definitely not to be removed): Magic, Idol Theory, Infection Magic, Magicians, Mana, Magic Circle, Magic Cabal, Magic God, Power of the World, Grimoire, Temple, Telesma, Saint, People-Clearing Field, Angel/Demon.
- I was thinking about tweaking the order for Magic Formats. Order aside however, out of the current selection, I think Christianity, Norse Mythology, Thelema have staying priority then Kabbalah (due to upcoming), then Tarot (due to upcoming) and then Onmyoudo (I was wondering if we should keep this or switch for one of the other Eastern formats). Given prominence, I was thinking about perhaps adding either Modern Western Magic or Golden-style Magic as the first item on the format list.
- Wondering about minor reordering for Principles/Terminology
- With regards to thinking about non-key item candidates, briefly considered Soul (considered possibility of Magic/Special), Magical life forms (considered in place of the multitude and category (which also covers non-magic creatures), however I don't feel it would work and it doesn't really cover those) and God (bit of an overlap), however I don't feel they are needed.
- I agree with the Other selection with the Abilities, Experiments and Technology general links.
- I understand why the Technology section was excluded, though I feel that we could perhaps tweak its presence up a bit (perhaps include a Hard Science or Bank link sub-bullet point under the AC tech link, which would also balance the columns), given its part in Science besides Espers.
- I agree with the general individual subject selection and feel the following individual subjects are vital (i.e. definitely not to be removed): Science, Personal Reality, AIM, Espers, Curriculum, SYSTEM, System Scan, Level 5, Gemstone, Parameter List, Imaginary Number District.
- Wondering about minor reordering for Principles/Terminology (perhaps move Body Crystal down and Esper up above Personal Reality?)
- With regards to non-key item candidates, briefly considered AIM Diffusion Field Resonance and Brainwave Network, though noted a bit of an overlap with existing subjects.
- Bracket stuff mentioned before.
- The structure for this slide and its tabs looks good, though I think the columns on the first tab could do with a minor adjustment (perhaps move the columns below the header)
- With regards to the earlier parody stories suggestion, so far as I know, it is fully covered by the existing short stories link, so we're OK there.
- Bracket stuff mentioned before.
- Semi-related Note: Considering Full Course Arc article.
- Bracket stuff mentioned before.
- Are we really keeping Cloverfield?
- With regards to the earlier discussion regarding the slide image, I agree with your reasoning and with keeping the current image.
- Although I wouldn't have gone with the arc-based format, I think you've done it well and got a good balance already, so I think we should go with this one.
- I have considered the question of spoilers under Main Characters, though I personally don't think it is a problem for the most part (the choice of tab name helps).
- A couple of minor things concerning the Fall of Academy City tab; given her role in the arc, we could perhaps add the Female Knight (it would also balance the columns), and there's probably enough room for Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers in full.
I've made the initial post without the completed Organizations/Locations/Magic/Science bit, in case I'm unable to finish it before bed, so the rest doesn't get held up. Will amend post once finished.
Edit: Going to bed. Will finish remainder later in the morning.
Edit: Rushing to finish remainder.
Edit: Going to wrap up compilation. Might tweak wording to improve clarity, but more or less done.