This section requires expansion
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 001
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 002
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 003
- Necromancer Esther Rosenthal is pursued by members of DA into Heaven Canceller's Hospital. Ending up in Accelerator's room, she tries to attract his attention without success and is captured by her pursuers. Having reflected sound away while reading, Accelerator initially pays them no heed but goes for answers after seeing that Esther had a photograph of Last Order and gets into a fight with the DA members.
- Accelerator fights and destroys DA's Prototype Coffin, which is revealed to hold the corpse of Hitokawa Hasami who attempted suicide three days earlier (failing but then being murdered by DA) and used her Pyrokinesis, strengthened from Level 2 to Level 4.
- After encountering Last Order in the corridor, Accelerator meets the escaped Esther in his room and partially chokes her while trying to get answers. Meanwhile, DA member Nishio is disposed of for his failure.
By order of appearance:
- The voice actor for the unnamed boss is Maeda Hiroki.
- The voice actors/actresses for the unnamed DA members are Suzuki Ryōta, Kijima Ryuichi, Sugisaki Ryō, Ishikari Yuuki, and Ishi Misa.
- The voice actresses for the unnamed 'Breeders' are Hasegawa Ikumi and Shogawa Hitomi.
- Yomikawa Aiho refers to her encounter with Accelerator the previous day, during the events of the previous episode.
- One of the DA members refers to the events at the end of the previous episode and is seen with wounds inflicted by the dogs reanimated by Esther Rosenthal.
- Accelerator is seen reading the same manga volume he was reading in the previous episode.
- The magic circle displayed within the Prototype Coffin includes elements of Taoism (part of the Taijitu) and Kabbalah (a variant of the Sephiroth).
- Accelerator is again reading the first volume of Heavy Object S, a manga adaptation of Kamachi Kazuma's Heavy Object series. He is reading the page 31 of the first chapter.
- The codenames used by DA during the audio conference are those of breeds of hound (specifically Basset Hound and Dachshund for Nishio and Hishigata respectively), as well as breeders.
Differences in AdaptationEdit
- The flashback to Hitokawa Hasami's suicide attempt and subsequent murder by DA is shown before the incident at Heaven Canceller's Hospital, rather than afterwards.
- Nishio did not use the Chameleon Camouflage while infiltrating the Heaven Canceller's Hospital.
- Esther Rosenthal's struggle against her pursuers is expanded. Rather than being knocked out by a blow to the back of the neck, she is brought down with a taser.
- Neither Nishio nor other DA members recognize Accelerator. In manga, Nishio had recognized Accelerator by his red eyes and white hair as soon as entering the room.
- Accelerator's confrontation with the DA members and the Prototype Coffin is expanded.
- Additional DA members are present for the aforementioned pursuit and confrontation besides Nishio.
- During the communication between Nishio, Hishigata Mikihiko and other parties involved in DA, the icons are displayed as floating holograms rather than just on a monitor and given additional details. The higher-ups/backers have red icons with an emblem of a hand holding a spiked leash and numbered 'Breeder' codenames. Nishio and Hishigata's icons are blue with dog emblems, with the codenames Basset Hound and Dachshund respectively. Nishio's icon also has the DA label.
- Hishigata Hirumi isn't obscured by shadow as much as in the manga.
- Nishio's death via Qiong Qi suddenly appearing before him is only hinted at.
- Accelerator's encounter with Last Order in the corridor takes place before his encounter with Esther Rosenthal in his room rather than afterwards.
- Despite being shown to be completely naked, when Hirumi hugs her brother she is momentarily shown to be wearing what appears to be a pink bra.
|#||Title||Time||Scene & Notes|
|1||Unverified Track||Hitokawa Hasami's failed suicide and murder|
|2||Shadow is the Light||Opening|
|6||Unverified Track||Prototype deployed|
|8||Unverified Track||Accelerator destroys the Coffin|
|11||Unverified Track||Accelerator interrogates Esther|
- DA Members: "By DA's dogma." (when preparing to enforce their idea of "justice")