This section requires expansion
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 018
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 019
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 020
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 021
- Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 022
- Misaka 10046 is captured by the Hishigatas, using Coffins Qiong Qi, Taotie and Hundun. As the machines head for their base with a memory download in progress, Accelerator pursues.
- After explaining some of the details behind the incident to Yomikawa, Esther sets off with Huotou and makes her own preparations to settle the affair.
By order of appearance:
- Hishigata Mikihiko
- Esther Rosenthal
- Hitokawa Hasami (Huotou)
- Misaka 10046
- Yomikawa Aiho
- Hishigata Hirumi
- Academy City
This section requires expansion
- Qiong Qi, Hundun and Taotie are mythical Chinese creatures mentioned in the Shanhaijing, members of a group referred to as the Four Fiends or Four Evils (Si Xiong), who were banished by Emperor Shun.
Differences in AdaptationEdit
- Yomikawa Aiho and Misaka 10046 regain consciousness earlier than in the manga. In the manga, Yomikawa regains consciousness while the wounded Anti-Skill officers are being treated by reinforcements, with Esther and Huotou already setting off from afar. Misaka 10046 was captured while still unconscious and only woke up after the download and trip was complete.
- In the anime, Hishigata Hirumi was initially controlling the Coffins during the capture rather than her brother. She also spoke openly rather than remaining silent until later on, and had contact with Esther, albeit indirectly, earlier than in the manga.
- In the manga, Yomikawa Aiho did not learn about why the late Hitokawa Hasami was still moving, necromancy and the Evil Spirits of the Numbers.
- The Rosenthal Family's 5th generation head Nathan was mentioned earlier than in the manga. Other details mentioned concerning the Rosenthal Family's practices and the Evil Spirits of the Numbers are not mentioned in the manga.
- The fact that Hishigata is after the Sisters for the memories of 10031 deaths is revealed earlier than in the manga.
- The location where Esther performed a ritual with her blade is different - in the open near a tree and somewhere were Hirumi apparently was before, rather than in a closed building with no apparent relation to their past.
- In the manga, Accelerator points out the fact that Huotou is largely naked, which leads to Esther attempting to give Huotou her own clothes but stopping after being told not to do so by Accelerator and then Huotou.
- A new version of the opening theme used in this episode.
|#||Title||Time||Scene & Notes|
|Shadow is the Light||Opening|
- Why did Esther tell Hirumi herself to return Hirumi?
- Esther Rosenthal: "I have to make sure that Hishigata and Hirumi are stopped. Everything that's happened has happened because I came to this city."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 021
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 023
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 018
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 019
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 027
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 036
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 029
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Manga Chapter 022
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.