|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
This page may require cleanup to meet Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki's quality standards.
The fifteenth chapter of the Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator manga was released on April 27, 2015.
Hasami the Huotou is unable to take on Naru's attacks head on and is forced to dodge them every time, angering Naru. Seeing that Hasami is able to dodge Naru easily, Esther believes that it is because Naru is unable to create complex components easily, leading to her to believe that they can dodge her. The girl in the flu mask however, somehow being able to read what Esther is thinking, says that she is not correct and as such orders Naru to attack Esther. Naru complies and Esther is unable to dodge. However, at the last moment Hasami arrives and bears the attack for her. The girl in the flu mask orders Naru to let up, and as such continues to press her attack on Hasami. Hasami on the other hand tells her master to escape but Esther refuses, as she wants Hasami to escape as well. As Hasami's body breaks apart, she tells Esther that she is unable to comply with that command and that her safety takes priority.
Finally, the gauntlet that Esther conjured up for her breaks apart, and Hasami is forced to use her bare hands to block Naru's drill. As Hasami is torn into pieces, Esther begins tearing, begging the Scavengers to stop but it falls on deaf ears. Naru continues her assault once last time as they mock Esther. Naru's papers disperse again but this time turning into a giant maw like that of a lamprey. However, before they are engulfed but it, Accelerator finally arrives and with a single touch hurtles Naru away.
- Accelerator finally arrives where Esther and Hasami are at and saves them from Naru's giant paper drill.
No new characters were introduced this chapter.
- Necromancy - Esther Rosenthal
- Huotou-possessed corpse
- Psychokinesis to control paper - Naru, Level 3
- Accelerator (ability) - Accelerator, Level 5
No new abilities were introduced in this chapter.
No new locations were introduced during this chapter.
- In the penultimate page of the chapter, other than Esther's eye, the pose of Esther and Hasami behind is an exact copy and paste of their pose in the previous panel.
There are no references to previous media in this chapter.
- Naru references the classic idiom: "History is written by the victors."
- Where did Accelerator send Naru away?
- Naru: "They say history is written by the victors, not sure what that means though. Anyway... you can go to hell, but only after experiencing true despair as you watch me thoroughly pulverize that streaker and that teacher."―said to Esther.
- Esther: "Why does this world... hold nothing but despair?"―said to Naru.
- Accelerator: "Honestly, if you're going to play with dolls, do it on your own. Otherwise... people like me will show up!"―said to the Scavengers.