|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
This page may require cleanup to meet Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki's quality standards.
The twenty-first chapter of the Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator manga was released on November 27, 2015.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Accelerator successfully lures Qiong Qi and Taotie, though he wants to catch up to Hundun first. As he does so, Taotie tries to fire a missile at Accelerator but he successfully evades it. He tries to attack Hundun first but it surprises him as Taotie uses a material type teleportation to swap places with the missile that missed him just before he was able to touch Hundun. The missile explodes in Accelerator's face but he survives.
Meanwhile, Hundun has begun making use of Misaka 10046, and data is being transferred to Hishigata as the battle continues. He is however interrupted by DA, still battling against the forces of Academy City in Seiin High School after Nakimoto Rizou ordered their elimination. Requesting the "decisive weapons" Hishigata promised, but he ignores them and cuts off their communications with him. Taotie then fires multiple missiles, all of which are somehow teleported and connect together in front of Accelerator. Moreover, Taotie appears before him, and with its arsenal, begins firing at Accelerator while the missiles shoot toward him. But it doesn't work because of Accelerator's power, Redirection, and it is this power that destroys Taotie.
Hishigata is flabbergasted, still somehow unaware how Accelerator's powers work, and concludes that it must be automatic. Here, Accelerator realizes he doesn't have time, and leaves, much to Hishigata's chagrin as he wants to fight with Accelerator more. He is, however, scolded by Hirumi, reminding that they should move on to the next stage so that they can fulfill their greatest desire. On the screen, the transfer of data regarding Misaka 10046 is continuing, and Hirumi grins.
Meanwhile, Aiho finally wakes up after the battle, laid down on the ground with the rest of her colleagues, being treated by Anti-Skill. One of the workers tell her that someone already did first-aid, and that they only showed up because someone reported what had happened. Meanwhile, Esther and Hasami are watching close-by, with Hasami wearing Aiho's Anti-Skill uniform. Esther tells Hasami that they are the only ones who can stop Hirumi, and the two girls once again enter the battlefield.
Adapted To[edit | edit source]
Major Events[edit | edit source]
- Accelerator momentarily defeats Taotie.
- DA continues to battle against Academy City in Seiin High School.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Accelerator - Level 5, Accelerator.
- Teleport - Taotie (corpse of an esper that has the ability)
- Necromancy - Esther Rosenthal
- Huotou-possessed corpse
Locations[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Referbacks[edit | edit source]
There were no referbacks to previously released media this chapter.
Cultural References[edit | edit source]
There were no references to culture this chapter.
Unanswered Questions[edit | edit source]
- What is being transferred from Misaka 10046's mind to Hishigata's computer?
- What are Hishigata and Hirumi's greatest desire?
- Why do Esther believe she and Hasami are the only one who can stop Hirumi? Indeed, why would they stop Hirumi if it's Hishigata that has been constantly fighting them?
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Hishigata: "It's time to say bye-bye to these useless transporters. Yeah." ―regarding DA.
- Accelerator: "Tch. Didn't I tell you? You can't touch me with attacks like these." ―said as he is attacked by Taotie.
- Esther: "Let's go! Despite what Accelerator-sensei said, this is our fight. We have to stop Hirumi. We're the only ones that can do it." ―to Hasami.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]