"Attack" (強襲 Kyōshū?) is the 81st chapter of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga series, released on November 27, 2015.
Frenda is window shopping and is looking at watches and clocks when she senses two thugs nearby, knowing full well that they aren't just mere civilians. She follows them and finds out that they have abducted Saten and took her into the van. Although she is reluctant to work for free, she still owes Saten for the dinner she cooked for her, and calls Hamazura Shiage to get her a car. In the van, the thugs take from the unconscious Saten what they abducted her for, her phone and the Indian Poker card. Deeming that she might still have information, they opt to take her back with them. One of them wonders if she is going to be tortured but his senior says that they have a superior that is an esper who can easily make anyone tell the truth. He warns him to be careful, much to his chagrin.
At the same time as this, Frenda is in a car being driven by Shiage, tracking down the van through the homing beacon she implanted on one of them. Frenda complains to Shige that he could have been much faster. Then as they approached their destination, Frenda finds out that they are above their targets, blaming Shiage for leading them there. With nothing for it, Frenda leans out through the driver seat, forcing Shiage to keep the car from going out of control after she accidentally turned the steering wheel through her movements. Analyzing the distance and wind speed, Frenda uses her missiles to strike on the buildings surrounding the vans where Saten is kept.
Meanwhile, the boy with goggles infiltrates a facility and manages to sneak into a room where there is a vault where, supposedly, information on the Tweezers is held within the contents of an Indian Poker card is kept. Seeing as it wasn't airtight, the Boy with goggles is able to use his ability on fragrance components to skim the card and input information from it into the empty Indian Poker card he is carrying.
The boy then gets a call from the thugs that he ordered to collect Saten. They report to the Boy that they are being attacked by a someone though they could not see who, but tells him that they are being attacked with dolls with explosives. With the line cut afterward, the Boy believes that there still much deeper going on with Saten as she was supposed to be the easiest job that he ordered his men to do.
Frenda later defeats all of SCHOOL's thugs and wakes Saten, telling her to stay still as she burns off the cuffs on her.
Meanwhile, Yuimiya Rakko of Shidarezakura Academy, exits her school with a sigh. However, her classmates suddenly call out to her. She is invited by them to go out of School Garden for a little adventure. She gets excited but gets a call from the Boy with goggles. Despite her explanations, she is forced to decline their invitation. The girl, Yumiya Rakko, investigates the scene of the attack, and through her analytical skills is able to make a few observations of her target.
Back with Frenda, Saten complains that both her phone and Indian Poker card have been lost, though is told by Frenda that she should be thankful that is all she lost. Frenda then asks what the thugs that attacked her after her for, though she doesn't have a clue. Frenda then tells that since she rescued her then she should at least get a reward. She tells her that they should go to the supermarket and buy all of its canned mackerel for Saten to serve as dinner for her. However, little did they know that they have been followed, and that Rakko has finally found her prey. In an instant, Frenda is shot before Saten's very eyes.
- Saten Ruiko gets kidnapped by members of SCHOOL but is rescued by Frenda Seivelun.
- Sniper and member of SCHOOL, Yumiya Rakko begins targeting Frenda and Saten.
- Measure Heart - Unknown level, Girl in the dress
- Unnamed ability to skim objects through their fragrance components - Unknown level, Boy with goggles
- This chapter acts as a prologue for volume 15 of the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel, showing not only the continuing plans of SCHOOL but that of its sniper Yumiya Rakko prior to her death and then eventual replacement by Sunazara Chimitsu.
- In the very first page, Frenda is looking at a pocket watch while window shopping. This is a call forward to her eventual gift for Kanou Shinka for his birthday as shown in the 12th light novel volume of Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index.
- What exactly is the power of the Boy with goggles?
- How was Rakko able to shoot Frenda without even using a gun or weapon?
- Hamazura Shiage: "I'm supposed to be a Skill Out leader... so why is this happening? Oh, I know. This must be a dream. And if it's a dream..."
- Yukiya Rakko: "My classmates spoke to me for the first time in a year and a half... but I had to say no myself. That was supposed to make me popular... and end up making me the school's idol. you crushed that bright future... so at least let me enjoy this hunt."--regarding Frenda and Saten.