- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Adapted From
- 3 Major Events
- 4 Characters
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Locations
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Adapted From[edit | edit source]
Major Events[edit | edit source]
- Accelerator fights Shiokishi's bodyguard Sugitani, while Etzali faces Tecpatl from his previous organization. Despite some trouble, both ultimately emerge victorious.
- Kinuhata Saiai manages to defeat Stephanie Gorgeouspalace. Afterwards, Hamazura Shiage is pursued by assassins sent after him by Aleister and finds himself in a second confrontation with Mugino Shizuri.
- After GROUP press Shiokishi for DRAGON's identity, Accelerator finds himself in an encounter with DRAGON itself, the mysterious entity Aiwass. Hearing of the threat to Last Order posed by the plan focused around it, Accelerator attempts to destroy the entity but is utterly defeated by its built-in automatic defenses.
- Following Aiwass's advice, Accelerator slips out of Academy City to find a way to save Last Order. Hamazura Shiage also manage to escape the city in a Supersonic Passenger Plane with Takitsubo Rikou. Together with Kamijou Touma, all three are making their own way to Russia and the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations.
Characters[edit | edit source]
By order of appearance:
- Etzali (as Unabara Mitsuki and himself)
- Tsuchimikado Motoharu
- Stephanie Gorgeouspalace
- Kinuhata Saiai
- Hamazura Shiage
- Takitsubo Rikou
- Musujime Awaki
- Girl in the Dress
- Mugino Shizuri
- Aleister Crowley
- Last Order
- Kamijou Touma
New Characters[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Accelerator (ability) - Accelerator, Level 5
- Meltdowner - Mugino Shizuri, Level 5
- Offense Armor - Kinuhata Saiai, Level 4
New Abilities[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Academy City
New Locations[edit | edit source]
- School District 23
- Aircraft testing facility
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
This page may require cleanup to meet Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki's quality standards.
- Etzali's real face is shown for the first time.
- Kakine is still alive but he is used by Academy City.
- While Aiwass judges people and actions by their value, Aleister judges them by their efficiency.
- Aiwass mentions explicitly the three heros of Toaru Majutsu no Index during its talk with Aleister.
- Aleister has been developing Academy City for more than 50 years.
Referbacks[edit | edit source]
- Sugitani refers to exceptional situations in which Accelerator was hurt even when using his powers, during his fights against Kakine Teitoku and Kihara Amata, who used respectively an nonexistant matter and the principle of inverse calculation to hit Accelerator.
- Accelerator was previously seen modifying his crutch in Episode 15, at the start of the arc's events. Its true new function, to counter attempts to jam and disable Accelerator's choker, is revealed here, having obtained the necessary information to do so when his choker was remotely disabled in the previous episode.
- While explaining what it is, Aiwass refers to Fuse Kazakiri, revealing that the artificial angel formed from the aggregation of AIM Diffusion Fields was also something of a production line used to give it form and allow it to manifest.
Cultural References[edit | edit source]
- The basis of Tecpatl's grimoire is the Moon Rabbit, specifically the version from the story of the fifth sun's creation in Aztec Mythology, where the moon was created at the same time with an equal shine and the gods threw a rabbit at it to weaken its glow.
- Aiwass is a key figure in Thelema, being the entity who was said to have contacted Aleister Crowley in Egypt on April 8th-10th 1904, and dictated the contents of what would become the Book of the Law to him. Recorded in the book is the central tenet of Thelema; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".
- Though the terms are not mentioned in the episode itself, the preview for this episode refers to the Thelemic concept of Aeons, specifically the Aeon of Osiris and the Aeon of Horus which comes after it.
Differences in Adaptation[edit | edit source]
- In the novel, Aiwass explains to Accelerator that its power has the upper hand over Accelerator's, because its power is from the Aeon of Horus whereas Accelerator's is from the Aeon of Osiris.
- In the novel, Mugino explains that she is still alive thanks to Dark Legacy, a tool created by Heaven Canceller, which permits to keep the brain alive and regenerate the flesh thanks to a high-speed cell division. She adds that the same tool is used to keep Kakine alive, who has his brain split in three and his organs crushed after his fight against Accelerator.
- In the novel, Mugino saves Hamazura and Takitsubo from a tractor controlled by armed forces from Academy City before their takeoff.
- In the novel, it's explained that Last Order is exhausted because Aiwass's appearance was too much for her to handle.
Animation Trivia[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
|#||Title||Time||Scene & Notes|
|1||M/A/D/N/E/S/S||Etzali VS Tecpatl, Tsuchimikado VS Guards|
Kinuhata VS Stephanie, Accelerator VS Sugitani
|Semaru Kage||Accelerator VS Sugitani|
|I am a savage||Choker jammed, Kinuhata VS Stephanie, Etzali VS Tecpatl|
|Oitsume Rarete||Grimoire tendencies, Accelerator's counter-jamming|
Who sent the Six Wings and who was the target?
|Unverified Track||Hamazura is targeted|
|Inou no Chikara||DRAGON's identity is revealed, Aiwass appears|
|Unverified Track||Hamazura and Takitsubo cornered, Mugino returns|
|Fanatic||Accelerator faces Aiwass|
|Saikyō no Nanori||Hamazura running, resolve to fight Mugino again|
|Panic Attack||Hamazura VS Mugino|
|Majutsu Kessha||Accelerator fails to crush Aiwass|
|Unverified Track||Aiwass speaks to Aleister, Accelerator and Hamazura escape the|
city, the three head for Russia, No ED
|Gravitation (Preview Version)||Preview|
Unanswered Questions[edit | edit source]
- What lies in the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations which is needed to save Last Order and what is its connection to Index Librorum Prohibitorum?
- What time in Aleister's past was Aiwass referring to while talking to him?
- What major role Last Order has in Aleister's plan?
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Aiwass: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" (汝の欲する所を為せ、それが汝の法とならん Nanji no hossuru tokoro o nase, sore ga nanji no hō to naran?)
Preview[edit | edit source]
This section requires expansion
- "It appears in the form of Fuse Kazakiri. The aeon passes from Osiris to Horus. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."
References[edit | edit source]
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Epilogue
- Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 15
- Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 16
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 4 Part 3
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 19 Chapter 4 Part 4
- Toaru Majutsu no Index III Original Soundtrack 1
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II Original Soundtrack 1
- Toaru Majutsu no Index III Original Soundtrack 2
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Original Soundtrack 2 - Dedicatus545
[edit | edit source]