- Accelerator fights Shiokishi's bodyguard Sugitani, while Etzali faces Tecpatl from his previous organization. Despite some trouble, both ultimately emerge victorious.
- Kinuhata Saiai manages to defeat Stephanie Gorgeouspalace. Afterwards, Hamazura Shiage is pursued by assassins sent after him by Aleister and finds himself in a second confrontation with Mugino Shizuri.
- After GROUP press Shiokishi for DRAGON's identity, Accelerator finds himself in an encounter with DRAGON itself, the mysterious entity Aiwass. Hearing of the threat to Last Order posed by the plan focused around it, Accelerator attempts to destroy the entity but is utterly defeated by its built-in automatic defenses.
- Following Aiwass's advice, Accelerator slips out of Academy City to find a way to save Last Order. Hamazura Shiage also manage to escape the city in a Supersonic Passenger Plane with Takitsubo Rikou. Together with Kamijou Touma, all three are making their own way to Russia and the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations.
By order of appearance:
- Etzali (as Unabara Mitsuki and himself)
- Tsuchimikado Motoharu
- Stephanie Gorgeouspalace
- Kinuhata Saiai
- Hamazura Shiage
- Takitsubo Rikou
- Musujime Awaki
- Girl in the Dress
- Mugino Shizuri
- Aleister Crowley
- Last Order
- Kamijou Touma
- Accelerator (ability) - Accelerator, Level 5
- Meltdowner - Mugino Shizuri, Level 5
- Offense Armor - Kinuhata Saiai, Level 4
- Academy City
- School District 23
- Aircraft testing facility
- Etzali's real face is shown for the first time.
- Kakine is still alive but he is used by Academy City.
- Sugitani refers to exceptional situations in which Accelerator was hurt even when using his powers, during his fights against Kakine Teitoku and Kihara Amata, who used respectively an nonexistant matter and the principle of inverse calculation to hit Accelerator.
- Accelerator was previously seen modifying his crutch in Episode 15, at the start of the arc's events. Its true new function, to counter attempts to jam and disable Accelerator's choker, is revealed here, having obtained the necessary information to do so when his choker was remotely disabled in the previous episode.
- While explaining what it is, Aiwass refers to Fuse Kazakiri, revealing that the artificial angel formed from the aggregation of AIM Diffusion Fields was also something of a production line used to give it form and allow it to manifest.
- The basis of Tecpatl's grimoire is the Moon Rabbit, specifically the version from the story of the fifth sun's creation in Aztec Mythology, where the moon was created at the same time with an equal shine and the gods threw a rabbit at it to weaken its glow.
- Aiwass is a key figure in Thelema, being the entity who was said to have contacted Aleister Crowley in Egypt on April 8th-10th 1904, and dictated the contents of what would become the Book of the Law to him. Recorded in the book is the central tenet of Thelema; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".
- Though the terms are not mentioned in the episode itself, the preview for this episode refers to the Thelemic concept of Aeons, specifically the Aeon of Osiris and the Aeon of Horus which comes after it.
Differences in AdaptationEdit
|#||Title||Time||Scene & Notes|
|1||M/A/D/N/E/S/S||Etzali VS Tecpatl, Tsuchimikado VS Guards|
Kinuhata VS Stephanie, Accelerator VS Sugitani
|Semaru Kage||Accelerator VS Sugitani|
|I am a savage||Choker jammed, Kinuhata VS Stephanie, Etzali VS Tecpatl|
|Oitsume Rarete||Grimoire tendencies, Accelerator's counter-jamming|
Who sent the Six Wings and who was the target?
|Unverified Track||Hamazura is targeted|
|Inou no Chikara||DRAGON's identity is revealed, Aiwass appears|
|Unverified Track||Hamazura and Takitsubo cornered, Mugino returns|
|Fanatic||Accelerator faces Aiwass|
|Saikyō no Nanori||Hamazura running, resolve to fight Mugino again|
|Panic Attack||Hamazura VS Mugino|
|Majutsu Kessha||Accelerator fails to crush Aiwass|
|Unverified Track||Aiwass speaks to Aleister, Accelerator and Hamazura escape the|
city, the three head for Russia, No ED
|Gravitation (Preview Version)||Preview|
- What lies in the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations which is needed to save Last Order and what is its connection to Index Librorum Prohibitorum?
- What time in Aleister's past was Aiwass referring to while talking to him?
- What major role Last Order has in Aleister's plan?
- Aiwass: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" (汝の欲する所を為せ、それが汝の法とならん Nanji no hossuru tokoro o nase, sore ga nanji no hō to naran?)
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 15
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 16
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Toaru Majutsu no Index III Original Soundtrack 1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index II Original Soundtrack 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index III Original Soundtrack 2
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Original Soundtrack 2 - Dedicatus545