Wings (翼 Tsubasa?) is the twenty-fifth episode of the third season of the Toaru Majutsu no Index anime series. It was broadcast on March 29th 2019, and was directed by Mori Yoshihiro, was storyboarded by Yuuki Shingo and Kawashima Hiroshi, and the script written by Yoshino Hiroyuki.
People don't just have malice; they have benevolence, too. They fight, pray, and stand up for those they wish to protect. They don't need any other reason.
- Using the knowledge he has acquired, Accelerator manages to save Last Order by singing the chant Index had used before, despite suffering damage from using magic as an esper.
- Hamazura fights armed forces from Academy City, equipped with Dark Matter-based suits, aiming to kill him and recover Mugino.
- As golden arms of Telesma rise across the surface, the whole world unites to fight the threat caused by Fiamma.
By order of appearance:
- Hamazura Shiage
- Mugino Shizuri
- Takitsubo Rikou
- Misaka Worst
- Last Order
- Kazakiri Hyouka (flashback)
- Archangel Gabriel (flashback)
- Aiwass (flashback)
- Kihara Amata (flashback)
- Kakine Teitoku (flashback)
- Kamijou Touma
- Fiamma of the Right
- Acqua of the Back
- Nikolai Tolstoy
- Matthai Reese
- Agnese Sanctis
- Orsola Aquinas
- Kanzaki Kaori
- Maiden of Versailles
- Stiyl Magnus
- Index Librorum Prohibitorum
- Laura Stuart
- Sasha Kreutzev
- Meltdowner - Mugino Shizuri, Level 5
- Accelerator (ability) - Accelerator, Level 5
- Third Arm - Fiamma of the Right
- Imagine Breaker - Kamijou Touma
- John's Pen Mode - Index Librorum Prohibitorum
- The first location shown when golden arms rise across the globe is off the coast of Barcelona, Spain, just like in the novel. Most specifically, the anime depicts Sant Sebastià beach, with the famous W Barcelona recognizable in the shot.
- The church Vasilisa enters, where Nikolai was hiding and the Russian Orthodox Patriarch was locked up, is the famous Saint Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. In the novels, the location was never specified, only being referred to as a "palace" and later as a "temple". Also, her mention of the "cannibal old lady of one-legged house" is a reference to Baba Yaga.
Differences in AdaptationEdit
|#||Title||Time||Scene & Notes|
|3||Kuukyo||2:44||Hamazura Shiage vs Equ.DarkMatter|
|4||Unverified Track||5:00||This is Item!|
|5||Yami he no Iriguchi||6:00||Accelerator and Misaka Worst|
|6||Eishou ~ Accelerator||9:48||Accelerator's song|
|8||Unverified Track||11:37||Touma vs Fiamma of the Right|
|10||Roma Seikyou||16:49||The Roman and Russian Churches work together.|
|11||Oitsume Rarete||19:19||Stiyl disables Index's St. John's Pen Mode.|
|12||Heavenly God||20:41||Fiamma of the Right's final gambit.|
|13||ROAR (Preview Version)||23:25||Preview|
- "People don't just have malice; they have benevolence, too. They fight, pray, and stand up for those they wish to protect. They don't need any other reason."
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Chapter 11 Part 3
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Original Soundtrack 2 - Dedicatus545
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Original Soundtrack 1 - ELECTROMASTER
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Toaru Majutsu no Index III Original Soundtrack 2
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index II Original Soundtrack 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index II Original Soundtrack 2
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 24