It was written as a preview for the 6th light novel volume, and was given to Haimura Kiyotaka, where he included illustrations for the parody in his website, as well as instructions on how to view the page the best, at that time.[Notes 1]
The story somehow begins on August 30 of the Story Timeline. While Index and Touma where in the dorm, a package arrives containing a book of prophecy known as Malachy's Prophecies. The book has written accounts on future events in volume 6, which is referred to as "The 10th day of the 7th month of the 2005th year. A Certain Magical Sixth Version." Index begins predicting the future, from the attack by Sherry Cromwell, his various misfortunate run-ins with Index and Kazakiri Hyouka in lewd situations, his falling down on Index in the School District 7 Underground Shopping Center, to his discovery about Hyouka's true nature. Of course, since the book explains things in a round about way, both Index and Touma are flustered by the predictions.
Index then tries to check on the other dates. She starts with volume 1, referencing Index's first meeting with Touma, and Mikoto's disappearance from the story, as well as Aisa appearing in volume 2. With her name being mentioned, Mikoto inexplicably appears, saying that she was standing in front of the two of them the whole time, but the text never mentioned her. Touma asks if what is written on the book will come true, to which Index says that it only gives the expected future for the time being, and even if it was set in stone, his right hand could alter it. Index says that she has a feeling that his misfortune is something that should never have happened in proper history.
Continuing on with the past prophecies, it mentions Aisa and Misaka Imouto, both not doing anything expected of a shrine maiden and a little sister, respectively. Of course, the both of them were already in the room, but the text failed to mentioned them. Misaka Imouto comes in wearing nothing but Touma's baggy shirt. Aisa mourns her disappearance from the text at that point.
Index continues with the prophecies after mentioning on how the male to female ratio is always askew when he is around. She mentions volume 3 and Misaka Imouto showing off her panties, while Mikoto does not, much to her irritation. She mentions volume 4 as well, referencing both Kanzaki Kaori and Sasha Kreutzev's lewd way of dressing, making both Index and Mikoto loss for words. She mentions volume 5, with regards to Last Order who doesn't wear panties, in contrast to Mikoto who doesn't even show it. Mikoto asks if everything about her is related to panties. And thus ends the prophecies.
Touma questions the insanity of the book of prophecies, and prepares to beat down the book, Index tells Touma another important piece of prophecy that is filled with even more misfortune. It was enough to shock Touma due to his surprise: "This preview is a work of fiction. It may have nothing to do with the characters, groups, and incidents in the real A Certain Magical Index series which will have a new volume on bookstore shelves on July 10."
All characters were merely referenced.
- Aogami Pierce
- Tsuchimikado Motoharu
- Sherry Cromwell
- Kazakiri Hyouka
- Kanzaki Kaori
- Sasha Kreutzev
- Last Order
- Imagine Breaker - Kamijou Touma, Level 0 (mentioned only)
- Touma mentions about real grimoires not even appearing in the series. In the series, the Book of the Law incident occurs in volume 7, but doesn't actually appear despite its importance to the plot. It is not until volume 15 with the Aztec Calendar Stone, that a true grimoire appears for the first time in the series.
- It is a preview of volume 6, as such several key moments of the volume is referenced by Index.
- Each volume of prophecy mentioned by Index has a date. The date corresponds to the release date of an Index volume.
- Mikoto will not be able to visit Touma's dormitory until Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 02.
- This would technically be the first time Aisa's lack of presence in the series is mentioned outright. Moreover, it is mentioned by Aisa herself.
- Various past novels are referenced in the story.
- Touma references Aogami Pierce wearing a swimsuit back in the Angel Fall Arc.
- The first volume of Index is mentioned. Since Touma doesn't have any memories regarding the event, he states that he doesn't "get" it.
- The book is called Malachy's Prophecies, the name appears in the Bible, regarding prophet Malachi, and has his own book named after him. Malachy also refers to two Saints, Archibishop of Armagh and St. Malachy, a 12th century Irish saint. The book's title is a reference to the latter, who is often attributed to the apocalyptic list of Prophecy of the Popes.
- The infamous Nostradamus and his Les Centuries is referenced.
- ↑ A simple inurl search in the Google search engine of the webpage where the story is saved indicates that the page has existed for at least 7 days before the release of the 6th Index light novel volume on July 10, 2005. While in turn, a simple look at the images' information posted on the webpage reveals that the current version of the files were uploaded on July 9, 2009.