Wyss Winered (ヴィース＝ワインレッド Vīsu Wainreddo?) is a minor antagonist in the Toaru Majutsu no Index series. A magician also known as Time Loss because she is hired to buy time, she was sent to deal with other magicians on the Blue Research.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Wyss wears a short skirt, a shirt that was open on the front, an oddly long glove that reached her upper arm on her right hand, and a lace glove of the sort a lady would wear on her left hand. The left glove is light pink while the right one is split vertically with one side white and the other black. On her left hand, she wears rings with letters of the alphabet on them.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
Toaru Majutsu no Index[edit | edit source]
Mark Space SS[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Toaru Majutsu no Index: Mark Space SS
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Wyss is a Golden-style Magician, meaning she can use spells that involve Telesma of the four elements. Presumably she specializes in Earth Element as she primarily attacked with it, but she can also use the other three.
On her right hand, she was a glove split down the center, right side white and left side black. On her left hand, she has two spiritual items in the form of rings - a ring with the letter B on her index finger, and one with the letter J on her middle finger. Those pairs stand for Boaz and Jachin, the names of the two pillars decorating the entrance to Solomon's Temple and now symbolically placed at the entrance to ceremonial grounds in Western magic. Those act as guideposts to call in power, and Wyss uses her hands and entire body to represent them. Using this method, she eliminates a lot of the effort needed to activate magic. She only has to set what kind of power she wanted to produce and alter the positions of the two pillars in order to produce an attack.
Earth Element[edit | edit source]
- A green figure whose surface feels damp. Presumably used for sneak attacks, it was easily dispatched by a single kick and disappeared, all without any noise.
- A cylindrical stone pillar floating on its side that can be used for bludgeoning. It can be controlled with motions of her hand.
- A fake body made of sand.
- A blunt weapon shaped like a bowling ball.
- Sharp arrowhead stone fragments.
- Thin disk-like blades.
- A stone spear.
Other Elements[edit | edit source]
- An invisible blade that can slice objects. Presumably of the Wind Element.
- While using a stone spear, she can make a red light float up to its tip and then make it spin around. This creates a crimson magic circle that conjures a deluge of flames.
- An arm of water.
- A shell of vacuum.